Sweet N' Sour Cod with Cabbage and BroccoliIf you are watching your weight, this is a great health-promoting recipe for you. It's not just low in calories it also adds a wealth of nutrients, especially health-promoting vitamins C and K, to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Slice onion and mince garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and simmer in a small saucepan over high heat for about 15 minutes, reducing it to half the volume. Set aside. This will intensify the flavor.
- While sauce is reducing, prepare rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Healthy Stir-Fry onion in broth for 1 minute over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cod and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Add cabbage and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet n' sour sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.