Poached Fish with Napa CabbageAdd this easy-to-prepare meal-in-one to your Healthiest Way of Eating this week. It only contains 180 calories!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Press garlic and shred cabbage and let them sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a large stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté ginger and fish in broth for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rest of broth and bring to a simmer on high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add scallion, tomato, mint, lime juice, Napa cabbage, bean sprouts, salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes; you want the cabbage and sprouts to remain crisp.
- Mix, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and spoon into bowls. Top with sesame seeds.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
When cutting and cooking cod or halibut for dishes such as this it is best to buy filets that are thick as thin pieces tend to fall apart. You can sear the pieces on all sides by stirring gently before adding the liquid. This will seal in the flavor. The real key to the success of this recipe is to make sure both the cabbage and bean sprouts are still almost raw. By slicing the cabbage very thin you can add it at the end of the cooking with the sprouts. This gives you a dish that tastes fresh and alive.