10-Minute Seared TunaThis very quick tuna recipe gives you a way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of tuna in just a few minutes without compromising flavor. Our stovetop searing method is a healthier way of cooking fish that does not use heated oils.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 12 oz of tuna cut into 2 steaks
- 2 TBS mirin rice wine (can be found in Asian section of supermarket)
- 1 + 1 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 3 TBS minced scallion
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Preheat 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- While pan is preheating, rub tuna with 1 TBS lemon juice, season with a little salt and white pepper, and prepare ginger and scallion.
- Place tuna on preheated skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, and then remove from skillet. Seared tuna is best when medium rare. This is our Stovetop Searing cooking method. Place on a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium and add rest of ingredients to pan in order given, and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over tuna and serve.