Cranberry SauceCranberry sauce doesn't have to take a long time to prepare. Enjoy this delicious accompaniment to your Healthy Holiday Turkey in just minutes. You will also be gaining the benefits of its rich concentration of health-promoting vitamin C and antioxidants found in cranberries.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced orange zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 12 oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
Yields 2 cups
- Bring orange juice, ginger, zest and cinnamon to a boil on high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Rinse cranberries and add once liquid is boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Add crushed pineapple and honey. Remove from heat and cool.