Sweet Potatoes with Ginger and CinnamonIf you want a great tasting vegetable that helps fill you up without filling you out, sweet potatoes are for you. Bright orange sweet potatoes not only add color to your table but provide immune boosting carotenoids to your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 TBS finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS + 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1" cubes.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12-inch or larger stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet potatoes, cinnamon, honey, and 1 cup broth. Mix and simmer over low heat covered for about 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.