Smashed Potatoes with GarlicA little garlic goes a long way to make ordinary mashed potatoes into something special It not only adds extra flavor but extra nutrition your Healthiest Way of Eating. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 potatoes
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 TBS low-fat milk or dairy-free milk beverage (such as soy or rice milk)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up in steamer, press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, leaving skin on.
- Steam potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Mash potatoes with olive oil, garlic, and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.