Salmon with MustardSalmon is one of the best ways to get those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids into your Healthiest Way of Eating. Add mustard to the Quick Broiled salmon for a zesty taste treat!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 lb salmon fillet, cut in half
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- capers and dill weed for garnish
- To Quick Broil, preheat broiler and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper and spread dijon mustard on fillets before broiling. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- Garnish with capers and dill weed.