7-Minute Healthy Sautéed Crimini Mushrooms"Healthy Sautéing" Crimini Mushrooms is George's revolutionary new way to prepare them without the used of heated oils. This not only results in delicious Mushrooms but helps retain their wealth of health-promoting nutrients.
Prep and Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 1 lb medium crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp Mediterranean Dressing
- 2 TBS fresh rosemary
- few drops of soy sauce
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat 5 TBS broth or water in a covered stainless steel skillet on medium heat if using a medium size burners or on low if using a large size burner.
- As soon as liquid begins to steam add the sliced mushrooms and cover with a tight fitting lid, for 3 minutes. They will release liquid as they cook.
- Remove the lid. Since Crimini Mushrooms are not as watery as other button mushrooms, it is best to stir constantly for the last 4 minutes. The liquid will evaporate, and the mushrooms will become golden brown but not burned. "Healthy Sauté" will concentrate both the flavor and nutrition of Crimini Mushrooms.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the Mediterranean dressing ingredients while they are still hot. The dressing does not need to be made separately.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
Research shows that fat-soluble vitamins found in foods, such as Crimini Mushrooms, may be better absorbed when consumed with fat-containing foods like extra virgin olive oil.
For Day 2 of the World's Healthiest Foods Menu,this dish is served with the Cauliflower and Turmeric recipe. You can save using an extra skillet by preparing the mushrooms first and then using the same skillet to prepare the cauliflower.