Salmon with Mustard and GingerTry this easy-to-prepare recipe not only for great taste but to add an extra boost of those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- 2 tsp + 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 TBS cilantro
- 2 TBS grated ginger
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- To Quick Broil salmon, preheat broiler and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- Top salmon 1 TBS lemon juice and the remaining ingredients.