Healthy Caesar Salad for Smart MenuTry this quick-and-easy version of a traditional Caesar salad.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped (about 6 cups)(optional: use 3 cups arugula and 3 cups romaine)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves pressed or chopped garlic
- 1 smashed anchovy (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce and walnuts. (The toasted walnuts are added instead of the croutons usually served in traditional Caesar salads.)
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper (and anchovy if desired). Slowly whisk in olive oil until well incorporated. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Toss dressing with romaine lettuce and walnuts just before serving. Top with additional grated Parmesan cheese if desired.