WHFoods Menu: Omega-3 Rich Salmon and Avocado SaladThis delicious and nutritious salad adds an extra boost of omega-3 fats to your lunch-time meal and provides you with 3-4 servings of veggies in one dish! Since all ingredients are selected from our list of World's Healthiest Foods you are ensured to receive an abundance of health-protective nutrients, it provided 168% for vitamin B12 for cardiovascular support, 149% for vitamin D for bone health, 148% for folate to help sustain brain and nervous system activity, 89% for niacin to help energy production, include 59% of for protein for structural support, 58% for dietary fiber to help promote optimal passage of food through the digestive tract, 59% for magnesium to help maintain bone integrity, 59% for omega-3 fatty acids for cardiovascular support, 53% for selenium for antioxidant protection, and 52% for calcium to promote healthy bones and maintain pH balance, and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli, packed (see optional cooking instructions)
- 1/2 medium avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2.5 oz canned sockeye salmon (half of a 5oz can), drained and crumbled
- 2 TBS feta or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1-1/2 TBS Mediterranean Dressing
- add 1 tsp lemon juice
- Slice onion and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Separate broccoli florets with small stems from the large, thick stem. Finely chop florets and small stems into ¼ inch pieces. Let broccoli sit for 5 minutes. We recommend chopping small for best flavor in the salad.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing. Add more lemon juice if desired.
Note: Many people find that broccoli is more tender and digestible when cooked. If you decide to cook your broccoli for this salad, follow the instructions for chopping broccoli above, and steam it for 5 minutes before adding to the salad.