Spicy Posole SoupCombine this easy-to-prepare soup with a large salad for a light meal that that not only tastes great but will satisfy your hunger. If you cannot find hominy in the canned vegetable section of your supermarket, look in the section that features Spanish/Mexican foods.
Prep and Cook Time: Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes before cooking to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Rinse kale and remove stems. Chop fine.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in medium-sized soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except kale and cilantro. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Add kale and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add cilantro, salt, and pepper.