WHFoods Menu: Quick Broiled Salmon with Yogurt Dill SauceDill is a wonderful complement to the taste of salmon and the combination of yogurt and mustard adds an extra zing to this easy-to-prepare recipe. Salmon is one of the best foods to meet your Recommended Daily Values for omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. This recipe provides a whopping 96% of your DVs for vitamin D. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 oz salmon fillet
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Yogurt Dill Sauce:
- 2 TBS plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- To Quick Broil, preheat broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot.
- Rub salmon with fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- Using a hot pad, place salmon on hot pan, skin side down.
- Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 3-5 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Top salmon with sauce and serve. Add more lemon juice to taste.