Healthy Sautéed Red Cabbage with Baked Chicken BreastThis is a delicious twist on the normal red cabbage dishes. Served with our flavorful Basil Sauce it gives it a nice lift.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut chicken breasts into thirds so they bake in a short amount of time. Rub breast pieces with 1 TBS of lemon juice, rosemary, a little salt and pepper. Place in baking dish, and bake for about 20 minutes, covered, or until done.
- In a large sauté pan bring water or broth to liquid starts to steam. Add onion and place cabbage on top and sprinkle cabbage with lemon juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- While cabbage is cooking mix together all Basil Sauce ingredients, whisking in olive oil a little at a time at end.
- Toss cabbage with basil sauce, walnuts, salt and pepper. Serve with baked chicken breast.
For optimum flavor and nutrition serve with:
- Steamed Butternut Squash with Almond Sauce