Calabacitas (Mexican-flavored vegetable side dish)This South-of-the-Border variation to your Healthiest Way of Eating is a great way to add a variety of vegetables to your meal.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in 11-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onions in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, remaining broth, green chili, and cook for another 3 minutes or so until vegetables are tender, stirring often. Add tomatoes and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper.