I discovered that you get the sweetest tasting Corn by "Quick Steaming" it for 5 minutes. It is a gentle,moist way of preparing Corn that enhances its flavor and helps retain more of its nutritional value. Serve with olive oil and hold the butter! Since much of the corn produced today is genetically engineered (GE), be sure to purchase organically grown corn to avoid GE corn. (Taken from page 259 of the 2nd edition of the World's Healthiest Foods book.)
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 ears fresh Corn on the cob
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill the bottom of the steamers with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up, remove husks from Corn,
- When water has come to a boil, add Corn, cover with a tight fitting lid and steam for 5 minutes.
- To enhance the flavor of Corn, dress with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and extra pepper to taste. Research shows that fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids found in foods, such as Corn, may be better absorbed when consumed with fat-containing foods like extra virgin olive oil.