Enjoy our nutrient-rich version of the traditional Chinese Chicken Salad with crunchy almonds and homemade tangy ginger dressing giving it added taste and nutrition. This recipe contains a wealth of health-protective nutrients including 144% DV for niacin to help promote energy production, 113% DV for vitamin C to help protect against excess free radical production, 85% DV for vitamin B2 to promote antioxidant protection, 71% of your Daily Value (DV) of protein to support proper body composition, 71% DV for vitamin K for healthy blood clotting, 53% DV for copper to help provide antioxidant protection, 46% DV for vitamin A to help support immune and inflammatory systems, 40% DV for vitamin B6 to help production of red blood cells and cholesterol metabolism, 37% DV for vitamin E to help protect against free radical damage and heart disease and much more.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 oz (about1/2 cup cooked) chicken, cubed
- 3 cups Chinese or Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 TBS thinly sliced scallion (green onions)
- 2 TBS sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Optional: 1 sheet toasted nori (seaweed), cut into small strips
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 TBS rice vinegar
- 1 TBS tamari soy sauce
- 2 TBS fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Place chicken and other salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly. Top with optional toasted nori.
This salad keeps for 1 day, refrigerated.